Auto Loan In Budget

I'm setting up my first budget in Quicken (latest subscription version). My loan is setup with the creditor and linked to the loan. Like my other auto loan and mortgage, in the budget, I want it to appear/track in the detailed loan payments section of the budget for the total payment amount. I'm not looking to track the individual p/i separately in the budget.

- Loan account is set up
- Creditor is attached to the account
- Payment reminder is set up for the payment
- Transactions are being entered in the checking register.

Best Answer

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    @gfmeekins Were you able to setup your other auto loan and mortgage successfully and only this particular loan isnt appearing?  If so, what distinguishes how you setup / use / view the other loans vs. the one your having problems with?

What is working for me....pull down Budget Actions.

Check that your missing auto loan account is selected in both categories to budget and accounts to budget dialog screens.  See images.

I also setup my auto loan under the Quicken loan wizard.  Not sure if that impacts the ability to see or not see the loan in Budgets.

Answers

• Adding to my post: I simply can't get this auto loan payments to appear in the budget.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gfmeekins

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Have you tried to enable transfers between accounts to show in the budget?

1. Click Select Categories to Budget at the bottom of the Budget window.
    2. Click the Transfers In or the Transfers Out tab.
    3. Select the accounts you want to transfer money in or out of.
    4. Click OK to save your changes.
    5. Assign the transfer amounts in the budget window.
    Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    @gfmeekins Were you able to setup your other auto loan and mortgage successfully and only this particular loan isnt appearing?  If so, what distinguishes how you setup / use / view the other loans vs. the one your having problems with?

What is working for me....pull down Budget Actions.

Check that your missing auto loan account is selected in both categories to budget and accounts to budget dialog screens.  See images.

I also setup my auto loan under the Quicken loan wizard.  Not sure if that impacts the ability to see or not see the loan in Budgets.

This discussion has been closed.