Is there any way to edit the tax line item associated with a transfer category?

Options
I have money taken out of my paycheck and transferred to a Health Savings Account. The transfer to the HSA is treated as an investment by Quicken 2017 for Windows with a tax line item of "Form 1040: Income - Alimony Received". I have no idea where that came from (I'm not divorced)...and even if it was my error, I can't right click on the category to edit it. In my tax summary and export to TurboTax, it shows up as alimony rather than the deduction I should get for the HSA.

In a similar fashion, I have a qualified energy savings category that I created; I can't add the line item for Form 5695...since this isn't a form listed, even under the extended tax form lis.

Any explanation or suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The tax attributes for a transfer are controlled over in the Account itself.  Edit the Account and under the General tab click Tax Schedule down at the bottom.
    As far as Form 5695 is concerned, if it's not available then there's not much you can do about that. 

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The tax attributes for a transfer are controlled over in the Account itself.  Edit the Account and under the General tab click Tax Schedule down at the bottom.
    As far as Form 5695 is concerned, if it's not available then there's not much you can do about that. 
This discussion has been closed.