Home Quicken for Windows New to Quicken/Getting Started (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I fix a problem with opening balance?

My opening balance has changed since my last bank reconciliation. I can't find the problem. How can I find what caused the change?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If the reconciled opening balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10