If your IRA is invested in an annuity that credits daily interest, How do you set it up?

There are no shares or ticker symbols.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I would just put in the balance as of your most recent statement. Then whenever you get a new statement, you can add the additional interest manually. There's really no need to add interest on a daily basis. Savings accounts don't download interest daily – they do it monthly, so this should be good enough for your annuity.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you! I’m just going to call the named annuity “Cash” instead of the fund they put it in that has no portfolio or ticker symbol or quote & credit interest monthly.

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I would just put in the balance as of your most recent statement. Then whenever you get a new statement, you can add the additional interest manually. There's really no need to add interest on a daily basis. Savings accounts don't download interest daily – they do it monthly, so this should be good enough for your annuity.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you! I’m just going to call the named annuity “Cash” instead of the fund they put it in that has no portfolio or ticker symbol or quote & credit interest monthly.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member
    The download from brokerage company automatically set the fund up as a security which was not needed since there’s no actual security for Quicken to track.
This discussion has been closed.