VISA Downloads from Golden One Credit Union

I’ve downloaded transactions from Golden One for about 10 years, and Quicken successfully connects to the bank and sees my accounts. The problem I am having is that while it easily grabs all checking and savings transactions, for the credit card it only grabs the opening balance but does not grab the transactions. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the credit card account to no avail.

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There seems to be a problem downloading credit cards from Golden 1 CU when they changed in October 2020.  See this post

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882941/why-golden-1-credit-union-not-updating-credit-card-transactions 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Trouble

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. While there isn't an alert out on the community we do know the issue is still there on our side. They're still looking to track down why exactly only CC accounts are having issues with downloads. Generally with smaller banks we don't have any alert threads out as well which is why you haven't seen one. So in total here we are working on it but there isn't a thread for it. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    I believe it has to do with the fact that the Golden 1 added a new VISA CC number & card for "secondary" users/spouses...the "old" CC number (primary member) and the new CC number both funnel into a "placeholder" VISA CC number that Quicken is downloading. My Quicken looks like it is downloading from that account # successfully, no errors, just NO transactions. The "placeholder" 3rd CC # doesn't receive any Quicken transactions apparently, so no downloaded transactions. My theory anyway. Not a fan of G1's new VISA provider "FirstData" based on their performance so far.
This discussion has been closed.