Shortcut for "File Backup"
Bobfrost Member ✭
edited November 2020 in File Conversion and Backup (Mac)
Create a key shortcut for "file backup", presumably "Ctrl B". Almost every program I use has this combination to create a backup. It seems like a GIANT oversight. It appears it is functional in Quicken for Windows so why not here?
@Bobfrost You can easily set up a keyboard shortcut for this. (And for any other menu command.) It's built into macOS.
(Side note: I don't know if you'd want to use Command-B, since that is the shortcut for bold in most applications. Maybe use Command-Shift-N or Command-Option-B? Or use Command-B if you prefer.)
To create or edit shortcuts in any application…
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 19931
- Open System Preferences
- Select Keyboard
- Select Shortcuts
- On the left side, select App Shortcuts
- On the right side, click +
- Application: pull down and select Quicken
- Menu Title: type "Save a Backup..." (no quote marks, but otherwise type it exactly the way it appears on the menu)
- Keyboard Shortcut: type the command key you want to associate with that menu command, such as Command-B or Command-Option-B
- Close System Preferences
- Quit and re-launch Quicken.
- Look on the File menu, and you should now see the command key you assigned to the right of the Save a Backup command.
This discussion has been closed.