How to make two reminders, same biller, same account, two different amounts

I need to make two payments per year to the same biller and the same account. However, the two payments are not equal. The usual entry in Bill and Income Reminders for twice per year does not allow two different amounts. If I try to make two yearly entries, since the biller and account number is the same, Quicken will only allow one entry. How do I make two reminders for the same biller with the same account number with two different amounts?
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    If you want to use two bill reminders, I suggest you use two manual bill reminders.  If you're using an Online Bill, the amounts should be obtained from the Online Biller.
  • hfa1
    hfa1 Member ✭✭
    I am trying this with two separate manual bill reminders. Quicken will not let me do this with the same biller and account number. As soon as I create the second reminder with a new date, it replaces the first one.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    hfa1 said:
    I am trying this with two separate manual bill reminders. Quicken will not let me do this with the same biller and account number. As soon as I create the second reminder with a new date, it replaces the first one.
    I suspect you have sorted the view by Biller Name.  If so try, Due Date or use the Bill and Income Reminders window (press Ctrl + J).
  • hfa1
    hfa1 Member ✭✭
    I am using the Bill and Income Reminders window sorted by biller name. If I make a second reminder with a different date and amount and do not check the box to allow paying with Check Pay, I will get a second entry. If I check the box, this new entry will be the only entry. It seems to have to do with the account number being the same. It looks like a limitation of Check Pay. Sherlock, I appreciate all your effort. Perhaps you could try to replicate this yourself and find a solution. Same biller, same account number, enable Check Pay, and try to make two annual entries with different date and different amount due in the Bill and Income Reminders window.
  • hfa1
    hfa1 Member ✭✭
    I tried a make-shift solution that seems to work. I create a second entry, enable Check Pay and add a period at the end of the account number. Now it looks like a different account to the software without actually changing the apparent account number and I have two annual entries with different dates, amounts, and the same biller and account.
This discussion has been closed.