why are transaction updates of my loan account in Quicken not working?

Options
will66pu
will66pu Member ✭✭
My loan account in Quicken is linked to my loan account at my lender. After the Quicken loan account was setup , and linked (in July) to the loan account at my lender, the Quicken loan account balances would update automatically when running Quicken account updates for that lender. The account stopped updating sometime in August. Quicken updates of this account since have apparently caused transactions to download into that account. The loan account shown in the account bar shows a red flag and, when the flag is clicked for detail, indicates that there are now 27 transactions to review. The number increases as updates are run and new transactions are available for download. But Quicken loan account functionality does not display transactions and provides no means for transaction review. So Quicken downloaded transactions for the account but does not process them and does not allow transaction review/handling. Stuck. I am running Quicken version R30.10 Build 27.1.30.10 on Windows 10

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @will66pu,

You should be able to convert this "auto download" loan account to a manual loan account.  You should then be able to correct the balance by manually updating the register for transactions since July.

Here's a LINK on how to convert the loan.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @will66pu,

You should be able to convert this "auto download" loan account to a manual loan account.  You should then be able to correct the balance by manually updating the register for transactions since July.

Here's a LINK on how to convert the loan.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.