QuickPay to CitiBank after Zero Balance Month

In October everything went fine paying a CitiBank credit card bill via QuickPay. In November there was zero balance on the card, so I didn't try to pay. Today (December) I went to do a QuickPay and Quicken is stuck showing the balance as what it would have been last month when I did a refresh, but it's a balance of charges which weren't due until this month. (Charges that came in after that month's cut-off date.) I was easily able to enter the correct (higher) payment amount for this month, but Quicken insisted the payment could not be scheduled for the future. It was insisting the payee required the payment to be today. That requirement is wrong based on the current bill from CitiBank. The payment isn't due until much later in the month. I'm assuming Quicken (or instructions from CitiBank) is/are stuck on some incorrect belief about needing to pay the balance it downloaded from last month -- which wasn't actually due last month. This is indicating there is likely a bug somewhere PROBABLY related to there being a month where a credit card account has no payment due, but there are/were charges that came in after the cut-off date for the month. The logic surrounding this use case should be investigated since it is very likely a use case which developers didn't consider.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @kburgoyne

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to review the online biller profile to further isolate and confirm this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @kburgoyne

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to review the online biller profile to further isolate and confirm this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.