How do I get rid of the scheduled transactions after I pay off a loan early?

Options
I paid off my Mortgage early. I had scheduled transactions for the automatic payments. Quicken cancelled all but one of them, and I can't get it to go away. The loan balance is zero, but the graph still shows I owe the interest for that payment although the interest was paid and included in the split for the final payout.
How do I make the scheduled transaction go away? I've tried everything, and nothing seems to make it work. It does NOT show up in the Bills & Payments area.
There is absolutely no information in the Quicken Support on this subject.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• ellyenne
    ellyenne Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Tyka,
    I never set the reminder on, that didn't fix it.

I tried changing the payment, but it insisted on one more payment, and limited me to future dates.
    So, I changed the "Maturity Date" on the loan to the day I paid it off, and then changed it back to the "First Payment date", which luckily I could look up on my old Quicken 2007 'cause very annoyingly it erased that information without warning!
    That removed the scheduled payment. It's a brute force work-around, and It really should not be this difficult. If the balance of the loan is zero, then it should automatically remove all the future scheduled payments!

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ellyenne

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please navigate to the loan and choose "Edit Loan and Payment Terms." Then choose "Edit Reminder" and choose "No Reminder."

Does this remove the final reminder for the loan?

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.