How to fix WRONG data reported in Net Worth report?

I have noticed ongoing issues with Net Worth Report. Closed and zero balance accounts are shown as carrying non-zero balances and completely erroneous data is being reported for active accounts. Current subscription and system updates, and I have just checked & validated the data file. Have closed all old accounts properly, leaving zero balances, have closed, saved, rebooted, restored from backup, etc. etc. What the heck?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review the report's filter settings: open the report and press Alt + C 
  • ridman
    ridman Member ✭✭
    All filter settings are correct. Quicken still does not report correct info for two open accounts and shows wrong values for 3 of many closed accounts that are at 0 balance. All are investment accounts.
  • pjm572014
    pjm572014 Member ✭✭
    Similar problem: Closed accounts with zero holdings and zero balance (in register) have tiny/small non-zero balances in the Net Worth report. Three of my old IRAs show up with a 1 to 3 cents balance in these reports.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    pjm572014 said:
    Similar problem: Closed accounts with zero holdings and zero balance (in register) have tiny/small non-zero balances in the Net Worth report. Three of my old IRAs show up with a 1 to 3 cents balance in these reports.
    With R27.20, Quicken improved the precision of calculated holdings to 6 decimal places.  I suggest you edit the last sale transaction of the impacted securities in these closed accounts and check Sell all shares in this account.
  • DLB
    DLB Member
    Same problem. Account Balances and Net Worth reports never match actual account balances shown in register. This has been a long-time probelm.
This discussion has been closed.