Does the FBAR Tax report work in Quicken Deluxe for Windows R30.14?

Options
jwheeler53
jwheeler53 Member ✭✭
I have just been updated to R30.14 for Windows and when I restarted Quicken I got a popup telling me that I can now get a tax report for FBAR filing. I have looked under REPORTS/TAX and could not find anything relating to FBAR. I did find a FBAR entry under REPROTS AND GRAPHS/TAX but it indicated that this report was only available in the Premier and Home & Business. If that is the case, why did I get the popup telling me about it?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jwheeler53 - The QWin software is the same for all versions (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) so your Deluxe program is exactly the same as my Premier program.  The version we subscribe to simply determines which features/functions are turned on or off. 
    More specifically to your question:  You got the popup telling you about it because it is an added feature of Quicken but it should have at least mentioned that it is only available with Premier and Home & Business.
    It is a similar situation for Starter:  The revision fixed a issues with Simple Investing but Simple Investing is not available with Starter.
    It would be helpful if revision notes would add some clarifications regarding changes that affect only some versions instead of all versions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Given the nature of the report it makes perfect sense that it isn't in Deluxe and Starter, but I totally agree with @Boatnmaniac that this should have been stated in the "What's New".  Not only is beneficial to the to the user (not wasting their time), it is beneficial to Quicken Inc because it lets the know that it is a feature they will get if they decide to purchase the Premier version or above.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @jwheeler53 said:
    > I have just been updated to R30.14 for Windows and when I restarted Quicken I got a popup telling me that I can now get a tax report for FBAR filing. I have looked under REPORTS/TAX and could not find anything relating to FBAR. I did find a FBAR entry under REPROTS AND GRAPHS/TAX but it indicated that this report was only available in the Premier and Home & Business. If that is the case, why did I get the popup telling me about it?

Don't fret. The FBAR report is useless since it only includes the cash balances in accounts and nothing else. I just ran the report and it did not include any of the securities and mutual funds in my foreign accounts. So again this year I will be building my spreadsheet.
  • harveyk123
    harveyk123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    A breakdown of investments is not required for FBARs, only the max balance for the year. However, it is not available in version R 33.7, at leat not in the Canadian version of Quicken, where it is required for all dual citizens and landed immigrants with US citizenship.
This discussion has been closed.