Distribution from IRA to Roth IRA

Distribution from IRA to Roth IRA and transaction will not show as 1099 Misc item in Tax Schedule Report.
How do I correct this?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This is a taxable rollover, correct? If so it should not be a 1099 Misc but in the 1099R section of the Tax Schedule and Summary reports.

Because both accounts are tax deferred, Quicken excludes them from Tax reports. 

One way to have it show properly is to record it as a transfer to a taxable account then to the Roth.

If you would like to have Quicken improve support for rollovers, please comment on and vote for this Idea
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864626/improve-handling-of-ira-distributions-qcds-and-roth-conversions

To vote, click on the little up arrow under the number in the big blue box in the first post of the Idea.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This is a taxable rollover, correct? If so it should not be a 1099 Misc but in the 1099R section of the Tax Schedule and Summary reports.

Because both accounts are tax deferred, Quicken excludes them from Tax reports. 

One way to have it show properly is to record it as a transfer to a taxable account then to the Roth.

If you would like to have Quicken improve support for rollovers, please comment on and vote for this Idea
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864626/improve-handling-of-ira-distributions-qcds-and-roth-conversions

To vote, click on the little up arrow under the number in the big blue box in the first post of the Idea.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DON63
    DON63 Member ✭✭
    PLEASE FIX THIS FOR MAC AS WELL. SINCE IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR IT TAKES ALL MORNING TO GET IT RECORDED PROPERLY AND YOU CAN'T GENERATE A REPORT
  • Roger
    Roger Member ✭✭
    I have same problem. I tried sending RMD to taxable account and it still does not show in tax schedule as a 1099-R