How do you save your portfolio in Excel

Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I'm in Portfolio View, but no clue how to save my portfolio in Excel.
Help?

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓

I just tried it, and it worked fine. 
    Click {Ctrl}-p then tick "Export to:" and select"tab-deliminated."  Click "Export" and you'll be asked for a name of the file to be saved; the file will be saved in the Quicken folder. 
    Start up Excel and click File > Open and navigate to the Quicken folder.  You'll need to tell Windows to show "all files" in order to see the file you just saved.  Click on that file and Excel's "import" process begins; you should be able to simply "click through" that process without entering any information, and the portfolio, with all the columnar information, should appear.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It worked---No clue how you figured this one out!!
    Very impressive
    Thanks

Answers

• Tom Young
    While in the Portfolio View do a {Ctrl}-p, then tick "Export to:" then "tab-deliminated."
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks----I stopped getting notifications-not sure why--but just read your reply
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Tom, I tried that but it doesn't put the portfolio in excel. It just shows the total portfolio, but excel does not open with it.
  • Tom Young
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓

I just tried it, and it worked fine. 
    Click {Ctrl}-p then tick "Export to:" and select"tab-deliminated."  Click "Export" and you'll be asked for a name of the file to be saved; the file will be saved in the Quicken folder. 
    Start up Excel and click File > Open and navigate to the Quicken folder.  You'll need to tell Windows to show "all files" in order to see the file you just saved.  Click on that file and Excel's "import" process begins; you should be able to simply "click through" that process without entering any information, and the portfolio, with all the columnar information, should appear.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It worked---No clue how you figured this one out!!
    Very impressive
    Thanks
  • This works for me as well. At first I had troubles saving my portfolio in Excel because I used the Data/Import from text file feature. This is easier. You can then Format as Table for sorting and the like.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dennis
    I'm just reading your reply this morning---It looks like I'm not getting notifications from Quicken when someone replies. I used to get notifications.