Missing Updated Financial Institutions in OSU Summary

Comments

• Mark Pedroia
    Mark Pedroia Member ✭✭✭
    I have something similar. After the OSU, the splash screen displays but recently, many financial institutions that had activity are not shown in the Splash. They do display however in the To Do List. QH, B & Rental, R30.14, 27.1.30.14 Win 10
  • TheWhiz
    TheWhiz Member
    I have this problem for the last 8 weeks. I email Quicken support almost daily. Haven't heard back once from them.
    I opened a new file and opened my bank accounts there and the OSU Summary displayed correctly. So I suspect one of the Quicken files (maybe Runtime.dat) is corrupted. I email tech support and am waiting for them to confirm if deleting this file is ok.
    There is definitely an error in one of my files.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Mark Pedroia

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Does your issue sound similar to the ongoing Idea post, here? If so, please add your vote and leave a comment so that you may be notified of any updates.

@TheWhiz

At this time, Quicken does not offer email support. Instead, you may contact support by phone or chat using the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    For the past few days, my One Step Update Summary has been showing just a subset of my accounts.  None of my brokerages are appearing in the summary (even though they may be updating).  A few of my banking institutions (including Chase, which is failing) aren't showing up either.

On further examination, it appears that the accounts being displayed are all Express Web Connect .  None of my Direct Connect accounts appear in the OSU summary.  A hint, perhaps, to the debuggers?

I believe this started at the same time as Chase stopped working this weekend (see https://bit.ly/37iMql2 ) .  Any chance the two symptoms are related?

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    It appears that the Chase issue has been resolved BUT I'm still seeing only Express Web Connect accounts in my One Step Update Summary.  No Direct Connect accounts are listed there.  Furthermore, the registers for the Direct Connect accounts no longer display "Last downloaded December 12, 2020 - 3:00 pm ..." or equivalent at the top.  (Only the EWC accounts have that report underneath the account title in the register.)
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    As suggested by Sherlock at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883564/is-anyone-else-seeing-this-odd-ewc-behavior-with-us-bank-or-any-other-fi/ I renamed the file C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\QDATA\runtime.dat (to make it disappear from Quicken and force Quicken to re-create it) and this appears to have fixed my problem with DC accounts not appearing in the OSU Summary.

I once again suspect that the Chase problem (which was fixed yesterday) was indeed involved.  In particular, by causing OSU errors it CAUSED the runtime.dat file to be corrupted in the first place!  Moby Sigh.

• rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is NOT fixed permanently by renaming runtime.dat.  Every time that I run OSU, I seem to get a random subset of my accounts listed in the OSU Summary.  This is very annoying!
  • ncs04
    ncs04 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Reports of an issue to Quicken has failed to generate a response. Has anyone heard of a fix for this issue or at least a response from Quicken.
    Thanks
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    After more than a month, I'm still seeing only a subset of my accounts in my OSU Summary.  Any idea when this might be fixed (or what is causing it)?  I'm currently running R31.5 (Build 27.1.31.5), installed today.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    I updated to QW(HB&RP) R31.12 today and I now see NO financial institutions in the OSU Summary.  Just the Services Updated section appears.

Why isn't this listed in the Known Issues section?  Why hasn't it been fixed?
This discussion has been closed.