How to import AmEx primary AND secondary account holders?

Options
Timmccr8
Timmccr8 Member ✭✭
AmEx differs from MC/Visa in that secondary cardholders are given a separate account #. Recently, my downloads started being incomplete. I noticed the account number had changed from the primary to the secondary account holder. As a result, a significant chunk of information is missing.

I have disconnected the connection and reestablished it. The result is the same. I suppose that's because the cards are listed in alphabetical order and my secondary holder's name comes earlier in the alphabet than mine.

I see no way to specify the account number in the Quicken setup. And Chat support tells me the bank needs to reconfigure its system, which won't happen.

Is anyone else experiencing this and how did you get around it?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My AMEX card, configured like yours with separate numbers for our cards works fine.  Look at your connection method (download method) on the Online Services tab and see if it's Direct Connect (most reliable) or something else. The account number shown on my Online Services tab certainly isn't either of our account numbers it's long string of letters and numbers with the last five characters being the last five numbers of my credit card.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My AMEX card, configured like yours with separate numbers for our cards works fine.  Look at your connection method (download method) on the Online Services tab and see if it's Direct Connect (most reliable) or something else. The account number shown on my Online Services tab certainly isn't either of our account numbers it's long string of letters and numbers with the last five characters being the last five numbers of my credit card.
This discussion has been closed.