Checking Account TXFR Credit Cards

In the last day I ran into a problem reconciling my checking account with my bank balance. After much work I discovered that the problem was with transactions involving transfers (TXFR) to my credit card accounts. For some reason transactions previously reconciled to my bank suddenly disappeared going back as far as September. The credit card side of the TXFR was not affected but the matching side of the transaction in the bank register had vanished. Anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the credit card account what is the category on the payments?  Maybe it got changed from being a transfer from the checking account.  The category should be [Checking] with square brackets on it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Craig S
    Craig S Member ✭✭
    I noticed the same issue around the September timeframe (following one of the software updates). What I noticed was in my memorized transactions the "Transfer Account" appears when I first select the memorized Payee but after I tab to the next field after selecting the Payee the "Transfer Account" changes to blank instead of retaining the original "Transfer Account" from the memorized transaction.

So you are not alone with this problem. In my case it is always when using memorized transactions to reuse an existing Payee.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Craig S

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Do you actively use the mobile or web app?

If not, can you please confirm that the option to sync has been disabled?

This is located in the top left select Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web > Turn Sync off. 

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~