Budget values keep resetting

Yesterday I noticed when I went to the planning tab in Quicken Starter that all my budget categories were red indicating they were overspent. I then noticed that all the values for my budget were set to "zero" instead of the correct value. I got on quicken chat and they had me validate my file, no errors returned but it seemed to fix it.

This morning I opened quicken again and the budget was fine, but then after 1 step update about half the categories reset to zero again. The only other peculiar thing is, if I look at the online quicken portal, the budget values are there. So the problem seems unique to the desktop application.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Here are the details.
Year: 2020
Version: R30.14
Build: 27.1.30.14
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @btclark08

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would save a backup and then I would start by resetting the cloud to see if this corrects the issue with the budget.

RESET THE CLOUD DATA THROUGH THE DESKTOP PROGRAM

1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    Does the budget now look correct or do you receive any errors once the reset has completed?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @btclark08

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would save a backup and then I would start by resetting the cloud to see if this corrects the issue with the budget.

RESET THE CLOUD DATA THROUGH THE DESKTOP PROGRAM

1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    Does the budget now look correct or do you receive any errors once the reset has completed?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.