Paying a vendor, with split project/job

Options
I'm trying really hard to not revert to QuickBooks, which my account is pushing for. I'd rather keep everything in Quicken (Home, Business, & Rental Property), but I am struggling to find simple solutions and can't believe I need to revert to tutorials and asking questions. This may be the first of many as I try and get things set up.

I am trying to utilize the A/P account Vendor Invoices, and add in vendor bills. I have an invoice to pay an independent contractor that worked on 3 different clients, plus straight admin in the same month. How can I split the invoice between multiple Project/Jobs? I see how I can assign it to one, but am I not able to split this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The H&B feature is for very basic small business needs.
    As far as creating vendor invoices is concerned, you can easily create multiple invoices, one per project.
    You can pay multiple vendor invoices, all for the same vendor, with one check, though and, while filling out the payment form, mark multiple invoices as paid.
    Not knowing your exact needs, this might not really be feasible, but you can give it a try.
    However, AFAIK, the check stub will not show the paid invoice numbers in detail.
    For additional information about creating idea posts and voting on same please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vendor invoices with Item level Project/Job assignment, unfortunately, is one thing which Quicken hasn't learned how to do yet.

• Chris Kelleher
    Options
    Ugh, thank you for that. I cannot believe this isn't available. My accountant keeps trying to get me to move to quickbooks, but I'd just rather not. But I also need to be able to track profitability per client, per independant contractor, etc. And if I can't split job costs... this is going to have to be something that I move to a new product for. How disappointing and frustrating. Why isn't the product keeping up with the times and technology? And how do we upvote this as a feature to add?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The H&B feature is for very basic small business needs.
    As far as creating vendor invoices is concerned, you can easily create multiple invoices, one per project.
    You can pay multiple vendor invoices, all for the same vendor, with one check, though and, while filling out the payment form, mark multiple invoices as paid.
    Not knowing your exact needs, this might not really be feasible, but you can give it a try.
    However, AFAIK, the check stub will not show the paid invoice numbers in detail.
    For additional information about creating idea posts and voting on same please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

This discussion has been closed.