Ally Bank updating checking account totals during one step update, but shows no transactions

I have had this problem for several weeks, but minor, so ignored. Applies to Ally Bank checking account only. All other accounts seem to work fine. During one step update, the account balance will change and be correct, but no transactions show up, but the weird thing is that I will get a "C" by an open item in the cleared box....not necessarily the correct open item. Have had several checks with same amount and it puts the "c" for cleared in any line... often the incorrect one. Several days later, the transactions will show up correct.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rbeau17a

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Do you actively sync to the mobile or web application?

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rbeau17a
    rbeau17a Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe 2020 V R30-19 Build 27.1.30.19

Express web connect

Yes, I sync to the mobile for these accounts.... although not all accounts.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rbeau17a

Thank you for providing those additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

From the description provided of this behavior, it sounds as though you may the option to automatically accept transactions turned on and this may be an issue with transactions auto-matching incorrectly.

Please let us know if you do manually review and accept your downloaded transactions or if you allow Quicken to automatically add them to your register.

Are any transactions downloading from Ally Bank currently?  If so, does this behavior occur for any specific transactions, like a transfer transaction for example?

If so, please also go to the Edit menu > Preferences option and select "Transfer Detection" from the list.  On the right side of the window, which options are selected for the Transfer Detection?

If this behavior is affecting all downloaded transactions from Ally Bank, instead please go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.  In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, check each of the files listed and in the comments section please include specific examples of affected transactions, including the date, payee name and dollar amount of the transaction.  Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you.

Sarah
  • rbeau17a
    rbeau17a Member ✭✭
    Sarah, it is still doing the same thing. I did a "report a problem" 01/09/21 9:43am
This discussion has been closed.