Year End Copy - fails - File Not Copied

Options
jsc34615
jsc34615 Member ✭✭
Hi there,

I'm trying to make my year end copy and while it goes through the motion of copying I get an error message at the end stating the file has not copied and then it opens the year end back up copy. Prior to doing the year end copy I validate the file.

Steps I have used:

File=>File Operations
File Operations=>Year-End Copy
From there I select the second toggle, I only want transactions starting with this date (where I select (1/1/20)

Then it runs through the action and I get an error message: File NOT copied

Using:
Version R30.14
Build: 27.1.30.14
on
Windows 10

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your active data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The spaces in your file name MIGHT be the problem.  Q sometimes acts flaky when spaces or special characters are in the file name.
    Try doing a File, Save As, and removing the spaces then trying the YEC with the renamed file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jsc34615
    jsc34615 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR the troubleshooting did the trick. I was not able do a File Operations copy, just a "Save a Copy" . Using the shift+ctrl copy seemed to clear up whatever was rattling around in the file. I was also not on the latest release, despite always checking for the latest release. I also validate my account once a week so thought I'd be catching any weirdness. The original file is from circa 2000 though so maybe I need to rebuild and just start a new one. So much work though.
This discussion has been closed.