R30.19-Syncing Removes Transfers

This discussion was created from comments split from: Categories disappeared after upgrading to 27.1.29.12.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jmh1212

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly on Monday, by phone for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• jmh1212
    jmh1212 Member ✭✭
    I have installed 30.19 and deleted my quicken iCloud file. Categories are still being deleted after sync. It seems to exclusively be categories which are other accounts (categories in brackets [ ] )
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jmh1212

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly on Monday, by phone for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Cooper's Dad
    Cooper's Dad Member, Mac Beta Beta
    > @jmh1212 said:
    > I have installed 30.19 and deleted my quicken iCloud file. Categories are still being deleted after sync. It seems to exclusively be categories which are other accounts (categories in brackets [ ] )

I'm curious about your experience, JMH, because I've had the same problems and felt forced to abandon my use of Quicken Mobile and Cloud Sync. The new release announcement for R30.19 mentions (without specific steps) that this update will solve the deletion problem going forward, but also that users should restore their data from a backup as well. I'm inferring that this means that previous cloud syncing has "contaminated" my existing data and that without a backup restore, I would simply be continuing to use the bad data under the new release. (Garbage in, garbage out).

Are the txn splits that are transfers to other accounts occurring for you after having restored a data file? Have you done anything else besides installing the new release? Just want to know from you experience what I should do or avoid doing, in my effort to fix the problem we both have.

Quicken user since the DOS/ 3.5" floppy disk days; migrated to QMac in 2022 for problem-free cloud functionality.

• esweeney123
    esweeney123 Member
    I am experiencing the same problem. Thinking about quitting Quicken completely. The data is no good. Years of transactions are gone! Can't keep restoring from old backups.
This discussion has been closed.