Portfolio Performance Not Working

New Year so I went to the Portfolio performance report. The growth of 10,000 is only picking up one stock in the portfolio. I clicked the Show Value/Cost button and it showed just the one security. I clicked Show All securities and it showed them in a table, but the graph wouldn't update.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Robert Fairley

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering why it might not show accurately on the graph.  We may want to try to do a copy and rebuild the lots to see if that might help us with this issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

You'll see the steps in the fourth step although instead of validating you'll want to select correct investing price history > repair

Once you get a chance to try this out let us know how it goes. If it doesn't help we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• borntohike
    borntohike Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue using the Portfolio Value Graph by Account. I am looking at the graph for multiple years and something didn't seem right. I clicked on the settings icon, then Customize This Graph and found that many accounts were not selected. I selected the accounts and returned to the graph and there was no change. I went back to Customize This Graph and the accounts were still not selected. I tried several times and could not get the missing account to remain selected. I even tried Select All Accounts but it would not change. Can you help?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @borntohike

Thanks for letting us know. I think in this case it may be best contacting Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at. This will help us with figuring out what is happening.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.  

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Similar problem. I have had an Etrade account for several years. I bought shares of three securities in January of 2021 from cash in the account. The "Gain/Loss YTD" column shows 9.1% when Etrade shows 20% for the same account for the same YTD period. THe three securities that I bought have "grayed out
    N/A" in Gain/Loss YTD and Gain/Loss 12-Month Period. It seems inconceivable that performance would not include securities purchased during the year on which there have been gains. For instance, the three securities that I purchased have gains of 12.8%, 71.6% and 25.4%. I am fairly sure that if these were calculated in with the other securities that I owned at the beginning of the year, the result would be similar or the same as Etrade's. The transactions for the three securities are simple BUY transactions. Help would be appreciated.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the Portfolio views have many similar column names, it is important to use the exact names you are referring to. It appears that you are referring to the Gain/Loss (%) columns, except there is no Gain/Loss (%) YTD column in QWin. Please clarify.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • JayDC
    JayDC Member ✭✭✭
    Jim, I am on macOS 10.14.6 and am using Quicken Version 6.2.2 (Build 602.39004.100). The exact column header is "Gain/Loss YTD (%)" and "Gaon/Loss 12-Month (%)"
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JayDC,

You have posted in the Windows section of the forum. Please re-post in the Mac section.
    QWin Premier subscription