Why am I getting 'Important Quicken update available' but check for update says I've got the latest?

When I initiate one-step update, I get a pop-up saying there's an important Quicken update available, but when I check for updates, I get the response that I've got the latest version

Quicken Premier for Windows 10
Year: 2020 Version: R30.19 Build: 27.1.30.19
Windows 10 Home Version: 1909 OS Build:18363.778

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

OS Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎8/‎2/‎2020
OS build 19042.685
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Tagged:

Answers

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Currently on R30.19. When I run ONE STEP UPDATE I get a message that R30.21 is available. When I attempt to update, I get a message that I already have the latest version R30.19. Can't find a way around that
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The latest release is R30.19.  
    The R30.21 is the staged release being distributed to a limited number of users for evaluation.  If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you may download and apply R30.21 from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
  • @Sherlock, so you are saying there is no workaround unless I want to be "on the bleeding edge?" I never heard of this before. There ought to be a way to get rid of the prompt until the update is ready for everyone.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock, so you are saying there is no workaround unless I want to be "on the bleeding edge?" I never heard of this before. There ought to be a way to get rid of the prompt until the update is ready for everyone.
    We receive the prompt when a newer release is available to be downloaded.  If we're using the latest release and we check for updates or attempted to download a staged release after the limited number of downloads for the staged release have occurred, we're told we're on the latest release.  When Quicken decides a staged release is good enough, Quicken will set the staged release to be the latest release.  If a staged release is not good enough, Quicken will attempt to correct the issues and stage newer release.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody, please try again. The R 30.21 patch should now be available to everybody. It came in automatically when I just started my Quicken.
    It's quite possible that you got the "update available" notice just before Quicken reached the set download limit for a staged release. When you attempted to actually install the update a moment later, further downloads had been disabled and for you, the train had left the station ... so to speak.
    Unless you're desperate to receive the update, I wouldn't worry about it. Wait a day or two and the update will eventually come in.
    Of course, you can always look at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    and see if the patch has already been posted there. If it has, download and install that file.

• Yep. Mine updated when I logged in this morning. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.