Check printing from a savings account?

Because my life is now less complicated and I want to save money where I can I have dropped to the Starter Edition (2020). Today I set up a savings account and made some trial entries - a few deposits and payments. The payments triggered the notice of a pending check that needs to be printed (via a check/printer icon next to the account name in the list of accounts on the far left column). My payment entries are not necessarily a payment where I'd use a check. It may be that I'm simply transferring dollars from one Quicken account to another (debit one acct - credit another). Can I turn this notification off?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn on the Check # or reference column if it's not showing.  Then Look for PRN or PRINT in the check number column and delete the word "Prn or Print". Change it to the actual check number or leave it blank. If you don't show the Check Number Column you will have to add it. 

To add or remove columns to the register
    Select "Account Actions".
    Select "Register Columns..."

Or in newer versions you can click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the account register to get a list of available columns. Click to put a checkmark in the missing column(s).

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you entered a transaction with Print in the Check # column.  If you do not have the Check # column displayed in the register, I suggest you open the register, press Alt + Shift + N, select Register columns..., check Check #, and select Done.  To eliminate the check/printer icon, replace the Print in the Check # column in the transactions.
  • Brent Spomer
    Brent Spomer Member ✭✭
    Perfect! Worked/fixed! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.