After R30.xx - Manual Backup freezes - but Auto Backup appears ok

2»

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Manual Backup uses a Quicken-internal process similar to File / File Operations / Copy which processes the file logically, record by record
    I have never heard this before. What is the source of this information?
    I believe that @UKR is correct, by inspection (I purposely deleted a lot of transactions so that the record by record copy would have something to remove):

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • macguyver
    macguyver Member
    Having the same backup freezes when attempting to manual write backup to a thumb drive after upgrades to R31.20 build 27.1.31.20; Backups to internal hard drive are normal.
    Win10 2004 OS hangs and requires forced power off to recover OS. Read / writes to the thumb drive or internal hard drive using large files, videos and JPEG's are normal except when Quicken does the writing.
    Both thumb drive & hard drive have been used for several years without issue until upgrade was installed.
  • our.ebills
    our.ebills Member ✭✭
    I have given up on using the manual backup in Quicken. My solution is using Windows to copy the Quicken file to my manual backup location. Works flawlessly. That’s how I know for certain it’s a Quicken issue, not an issue with my drive or OS.
This discussion has been closed.