Home Quicken for Windows Reports (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I have entered into Quicken a cash distribution as a return of capital, but it does not show

I have received and entered into Quicken a stock cash distribution as a return of capital, but it does not show up in Budget or Investment reports under Return of Capital (which is a subcategory of Miscellaneous Cash Flow). Any suggestions as to how to make the reports pick up the return of capital?

Comments

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budget -- I can't comment on
    Investment Reports -- Which ones, specifically?  By design it should appear in some (Investment Transactions), but not in all cases of Investment Performance (for example).
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Are you using the Mac version by any chance? 
    The reason I ask is that in the Windows version you enter a return of capital using a RtrnCap "action" and unless you've customized an Investment Report to specifically exclude that action it should show up.
    You also mention that return of capital "is a subcategory of Miscellaneous Cash Flow" and, again, unless you've done sort of customization that you haven't explained I'm not quite sure how you'd accomplish that in the Windows version.  A return of capital isn't a "Category" in the usual sense of that word in Quicken - an "income" or "expense." 
  • I am using a PC. Return of Capital does show up as a subcategory of Miscellaneous Cash Flow in my category list.

How would you enter a Return of Capital from an equity?
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you enter a Return of Capital from an equity?
    With a RtrnCap transaction. Enter Transaction button, action = Return of Capital. Or in the transaction list, action field = RtrnCap.