How do I add Fidelity Investments

I am not able to find fidelity investments when trying to add an account

Best Answers

• Ray H
    Ray H Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Rick. That’s what I tried first, but it didn’t like my credentials or Fidelity wasn’t allowing it, maybe because it didn’t recognize the Mac. I logged into Fidelity after that so the credentials work.
    I’ll look around on the Fidelity website. I appreciate the quick reply.
  • jimhood44
    jimhood44 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, the good news is I got it going at last, with help from Fidelity. I scored a phone number that was answered by a very patient person who walked me through some troubleshooting. We never did figure out exactly what the problem was but after changing my password and doing a few other things, it finally worked. This is my first time using Quicken for the Mac as well. I gave up on Windows a few years ago and had been using Linux, my first love. No Quicken for Linux though so I had to crawl over to Mac to get it running again. I tried several online platforms and they really don't quite cut it yet, at least for me.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you start typing "fidelity" in the search box, you should see Fidelity Investments Mac in the list. If not, click the "My bank is not in the list" link at the bottom, then Update List.  If you still don't see it, contact Quicken Support.

Use your Fidelity website credentials to connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ray H
    Ray H Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Rick. That’s what I tried first, but it didn’t like my credentials or Fidelity wasn’t allowing it, maybe because it didn’t recognize the Mac. I logged into Fidelity after that so the credentials work.
    I’ll look around on the Fidelity website. I appreciate the quick reply.
  • jimhood44
    jimhood44 Member ✭✭
    I have more or less the same problem. I went to Fidelity Investments MAC and, as the instructions on Fidelity's website dictate, supplied my user id and the password I use to access my account via the web. It didn't work. The Fidelity prompt says it is looking for a PIN rather than a password. I don't have a PIN, as far as I know. After getting nowhere with Fidelity's bots (worst in the business), I tried to call. I have been a Fidelity customer for quite some time and have never been able to get through to a human. Really terrible 19th Century service. I gather from the other comments on this page that Fidelity doesn't support this function, which is truly ludicrous.
  • Ray H
    Ray H Member ✭✭
    I gave up on Quicken for Mac. I went back to the dark side, at least for Quicken. Why Quicken would put a Mac product on the street that pales in comparison to the windows version is a head scratcher.
  • jimhood44
    jimhood44 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, the good news is I got it going at last, with help from Fidelity. I scored a phone number that was answered by a very patient person who walked me through some troubleshooting. We never did figure out exactly what the problem was but after changing my password and doing a few other things, it finally worked. This is my first time using Quicken for the Mac as well. I gave up on Windows a few years ago and had been using Linux, my first love. No Quicken for Linux though so I had to crawl over to Mac to get it running again. I tried several online platforms and they really don't quite cut it yet, at least for me.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jimhood44  Glad you were able to persevere with Fidelity's tech support and get logged in. 

As you note, there are other personal finance platforms out there, and while Quicken is certainly not perfect, its scope of features still ends up being the best fit for many people.

Best wishes getting your accounts all squared away on Quicken Mac; come back to ask questions if you get stuck along the way.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.