Foreign Currency transactions not converting for budget

Options
I have two accounts in a foreign currency (DOP) and everything else is in USD. In all my reports, Quicken converts the DOP to USD, but with the budget, it brings in the actual DOP amount! With a conversion rate of about 58:1, this seriously messes with the budget! My cell phone payment is about $3000 DOP per month, which equates to about $51 US. My budget report shows I'm way over budget because it's showing it as $3000 USD rather than the converted $51.

Is there a way around this? 

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @d_mc

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have added a DOP account to Quicken and added a transaction. I see the budget reflect the USD amount.

I would verify that the transaction in the account in question is correct. If the amount is correct, I would next navigate to Reports > Itemized Caegories and verify the transactions listed in this category.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • D_McGhee
    D_McGhee Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the info - looking back at my data, it seems that when the transactions are still in a Reminder status (prior to due date) the amount is coming into the budget as the DOP amount. Now that these payments have been made for January, the converted US amount is hitting the budget. Looking at future months, the category is showing over budget because of the issue.

When I look at the transactions within the budget for January, all looks fine and it's showing the converted amount.

For February, where these are still bill reminders that have not been entered, it shows the converted amounts as line items, but the total is the DOP amount. ($1553.50 x 2 = $3107).

This discussion has been closed.