Convert PDF invoices

How do I convert "Myinvoices" PDF's to Quicken Home & Office 2021 invoices without harming my "Account Receivables" already on Quicken.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    No version of Q can read a PDF file.  So, there's no "conversion" possible.  The most that you could do would be to print those PDFs and attach them to the corresponding transaction in Q.
    BUT NOTE, that attaching those causes incredible file bloat in Q.
    SO, your best option might be to get a PDF manager and just post all of those PDF invoices there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• rkoger
    rkoger Member
    edited January 2021
    I already have existing receivables on Quicken Home & Business that I need to keep. Want to move Invoice files to Quicken without damaging "Receivable" files.
  • rkoger
    rkoger Member
    Quicken Home & Office 2021
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    No version of Q can read a PDF file.  So, there's no "conversion" possible.  The most that you could do would be to print those PDFs and attach them to the corresponding transaction in Q.
    BUT NOTE, that attaching those causes incredible file bloat in Q.
    SO, your best option might be to get a PDF manager and just post all of those PDF invoices there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rkoger,

Are the "invoice files" related to the "existing receivables" already recorded in Quicken?  And by "files" are you referring to the pdf's that you mentioned in another post, or are you talking about "entering the information" from the "invoice files" into Quicken?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Do you mean convert files from the "MyInvoices" software product ?
    Please help us clarify what you actually have - and what you expect to happen ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.