Multiple Select Option in The Investing Register - Where is it?

I am looking for the multiple select option that is outlined in the Jan '21 patch notes for the Investing Register. I can't find the gear Icon the reference or how to do this. Maybe I misunderstand what the investing register is? I was just trying to figure out what this option enables, and can't seem to find it.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yeah the missing settings/gear icon when in pop up mode was a known bug for many years, and  I notice now that what they did is put in an "Actions" button.  In truth that is a more "correct" button than the gear icon that is still being used in the regular investment register view because the gear icon is suppose to be used for settings, not for menus.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gilley7997

Thank you for sharing your question with the community, although I'm sorry that you are unable to find the multiple select option.

Once you have updated to R31.5, this option should be available by clicking on the investment account name in the list that goes down either the left or right side of Quicken.

The gear icon mentioned will be in the upper right corner of the register view that opens

I hope this helps and please let us know if you are still unable to access this new feature.

Sarah
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Okay I see the Option in the Menu....But I do not have a gear where you have it highlighted....that is the problem. I have an Actions Menu Drop Down. Not a gear, but the menu option is there. Interesting that it is displayed different.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Okay I see the Option in the Menu....But I do not have a gear where you have it highlighted....that is the problem. I have an Actions Menu Drop Down. Not a gear, but the menu option is there. Interesting that it is displayed different.
    Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilley7997

You appear to have selected the View > Use Pop-up registers option. If you un-check that you will see the gear.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Yep. That's it. Didn't think changing the view would change the appearance of the actual register window. I have had it set the other way for so long, forgot that was even an option. Have to try the other option again. Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yeah the missing settings/gear icon when in pop up mode was a known bug for many years, and  I notice now that what they did is put in an "Actions" button.  In truth that is a more "correct" button than the gear icon that is still being used in the regular investment register view because the gear icon is suppose to be used for settings, not for menus.

Signature: