simple question re reports

Options
I can produce a category report (transactions), but it does not total the amount of spending/income in each category.  I need the totals, in addition to a list of the transactions in one report, please.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Totals on top is an ongoing gripe I have with Quicken reports. These reports are unlike financial reports anywhere. There have been hints that the developers plan to add the option to create reports with subtotals on the bottom, so I remain cautiously optimistic we'll gain the ability to generate normal financial reports some day in the future. ;)

There is an existing long-running Idea thread here asking for both control over subtotals and the ability for them to appear at the bottom of the data they sum. Please take a moment and add your vote (and comment) to that thread. (That thread has 123 votes at the time of this post, yet is strangely still marked "New" after four-and-a-half years.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• ressci
    ressci Member
    Options
    This was automatic in prior versions, and I guess I just don't know which report to select and modify to get what I want in this version. It is to get summary of spending for taxes.
  • ressci
    ressci Member
    Options
    Never mind, I see it is totaled at the top of each category, not at the bottom, as I was expecting.  I found it!
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes when that changed a lot of people didn't like it.  Took me a long time to get used to it at the top.  I guess it's because you can collapse and expand the details or just show the totals.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• ressci
    ressci Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response!  It's been awhile since I've used the program.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Totals on top is an ongoing gripe I have with Quicken reports. These reports are unlike financial reports anywhere. There have been hints that the developers plan to add the option to create reports with subtotals on the bottom, so I remain cautiously optimistic we'll gain the ability to generate normal financial reports some day in the future. ;)

There is an existing long-running Idea thread here asking for both control over subtotals and the ability for them to appear at the bottom of the data they sum. Please take a moment and add your vote (and comment) to that thread. (That thread has 123 votes at the time of this post, yet is strangely still marked "New" after four-and-a-half years.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.