Transactions will not download from credit union

Since 11/20, my credit union connects and downloads transactions from many accounts.  To no avail, quicken will not download my checking and savings account transactions.

Answers

• I have a similar situation. I'm just setting up my accounts for the first time and can not get the Bank of America accounts to download. I talked with support and we identified that it is a firewall issue with Microsoft Windows defender. They did not offer a solution. I can't leave the firewall off. Does anyone know of a way to allow Quicken, or Bank of America through the Windows Defender firewall?
  • gunsandhoses
    gunsandhoses Member
    edited January 2021
    [Removed-Unhelpful/Disruptive]
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @gunsandhoses

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.
    Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.
    Also, what is the name of the Credit Union? This may help others with the same credit union problem locate this post.
    Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
    R31.5

<div><div>JSC Federal Credit Union (Johnson Space Center)</div><div>Express Web Connect</div><div>
    </div><div>I look forward to hearing from you.</div><div>
    </div><div>Nathan Douglas</div><div>
    </div></div><div><div><div></div></div></div>
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @gunsandhoses

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would try to deactivate and reactivate the accounts.

I would first deactivate all of the JSC accounts. This process may not work if any is left connected.

Next, select the (+) as if you are adding a new account, locate the credit union and sign in, you will be given an option to link the account accounts to the existing accounts.

This will allow you to reactivate all of the accounts at once. Once this has been completed, you do receive transactions or any error messages?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Nick
    Nick Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with JSC Federal Credit Union. My checking and savings always show no new transactions downloaded (started happening around 6 months ago), however, the JSC Visa card does download transactions. I have tried deactivate/activate the account and even trying to setup a new account within my existing Quicken file and it never downloads any transactions even though it says sync was successful.

I also tried just creating a brand new Quicken file and adding JSC and it works! So it seems there's something wrong with my original Quicken file. I have several decades of transactions in my main Quicken file, so re-creating it is not an option.

Thanks,

-Nick
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @nick

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the application.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Once this has been completed, I would try to update once more and see if you successfully download transactions or receive any error messages.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.