Quicken 2021 - does it need Internet access

Options
Lexinac
Lexinac Member
edited January 2021 in Before you Buy
I'm looking at upgrading our Quicken, however, I want to make sure that I don't have to have internet access to use the program.   Most of the time I do have internet access, but not always.  It the new Quicken a desktop program? 

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have not disclosed your current information.

The New Quicken Program, needs Internet Access. Sometimes less but always more.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Lexinac said:
    I'm looking at upgrading our Quicken, however, I want to make sure that I don't have to have internet access to use the program.   Most of the time I do have internet access, but not always.  It the new Quicken a desktop program? 
    How are you entering transactions -
    manually or downloading with One Step Update ?
    Do you have Investments like stocks - and download Quotes ?
    If you "mostly" have Internet, but then say travel to your secluded cabin in the woods, then you would miss these online features, and you would have to enter everything manually.
    Quicken is still a desktop program - and needs Internet access to install & verify your Quicken User ID, Expiration date, and which version you purchased.  It will also need to contact the Quicken servers every so often to see if anything has changed.
    Quicken also has some features supporting - online, mobile App, and Web access...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• carickdav
    carickdav Member ✭✭
    Options
    One question I have which was not answered, Do you need the internet to use Quicken subscription? I know there will be features that will not be available but will Quicken Subscription be able to open and used manually, or will it crash because there is no internet......thank you
This discussion has been closed.