Fixed payments on Bills Linked to Reminders

Hi all. I'm having trouble with a bill. I setup the Online Bill and then Added a Reminder. The reminder included an Amount Due that is setup (on the vendor site) for autopay. This amount is not the minimum due or the total balance. Once the Online Bill is Updated, it changes the Amount due on the Bill and in the applicable account register to either the min due or total balance depending on how the Bill is setup. For instance, assuming a $10 min due and a$500 total balance, I want to pay $100 every month. I want the $100 to apply to my Projected Balances. I want the Bill Reminder Linked to the Online Bill. Is the only solution here to remove the Linked Online Bill? Thanks for your help.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    kmich411 said:
     Is the only solution here to remove the Linked Online Bill? 
    I believe that is true.  When you link a reminder to a bill you are sort making a contract with it to take over your date and amount of the reminder.  And it does that rather "rudely".  As in it takes way any kind of estimated/fixed amount you put in for future transactions and instead it will have either the min due or the full amount.

Now given a fixed amount there really isn't any benefit to linking it to an online bill (and lost of reasons not to).  And if they idea is for it to look up the bill and do some kind of math say "pay 20% of the bill", well it doesn't have such a feature (you might suggest it by creating an Idea thread if that is your intent).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    kmich411 said:
     Is the only solution here to remove the Linked Online Bill? 
    I believe that is true.  When you link a reminder to a bill you are sort making a contract with it to take over your date and amount of the reminder.  And it does that rather "rudely".  As in it takes way any kind of estimated/fixed amount you put in for future transactions and instead it will have either the min due or the full amount.

Now given a fixed amount there really isn't any benefit to linking it to an online bill (and lost of reasons not to).  And if they idea is for it to look up the bill and do some kind of math say "pay 20% of the bill", well it doesn't have such a feature (you might suggest it by creating an Idea thread if that is your intent).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kmich411
    kmich411 Member
    Hi Chris. I appreciate the feedback. You solution makes a lot of since. The was the software handles it does not. I consider myself a computer geek and I still feel like I'm trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. On the upside, redoing my data file from scratch a second time has ironed out a lot of the demons. Here's hoping...
This discussion has been closed.