one step update stopped working

I use Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property, version R31.6. At some point in early to mid January, One Step Update just stopped working. The vast majority of transactions are not being picked up. The ones that are downloaded have categories of Unspecified Account. I'm not seeing any error messages, but there is clearly something wrong.

Answers

• It seems like quicken lost the direct connect and dropped back to web connect. I right clicked the account and brought up ACCOUNT DETAILS then selected the tab for ONLINE SERVICES and noticed that it gave me the option to CHANGE CONNECTION METHOD. I followed that process and it reconnected to DIRRECT CONNECT and fixed most of the problems. Note that even though the online documentation states that you can turn off cloud sync; it is IMPOSSIBLE when using DIRECT CONNECT according to support.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kunkesl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, which financial institution(s) are you downloaded transactions from and which connection method(s) are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kunkesl
    kunkesl Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Anja, I use Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property, version R31.6. I am having the problems with all of my banking accounts: Baxter Credit Union, Chase, USAA, and Citi. I am using Express Web Connect for all accounts.

I appreciate any help you can offer.
  • Jan Casper
    Jan Casper Member ✭✭
    At one step update, I got a message that Quicken Deluxe R31.8 had a one time cloud sync. After that, I am unable to update most of my accounts and the totals were now off on some accounts I tried to restore from backup, but once that cloud sync happened, got the same issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @kunkesl & @Jan Casper,

Thank you for the additional information/adding to this discussion about your issue, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try switching from the QCS channel to the FDS channel. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken
    2. Click Change channel on the screen that pops up if it shows you are currently using the QCS channel (see below).

Once that's done, proceed to run a One Step Update to verify whether or not the switch resolves the issue(s) you are experiencing.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• kunkesl
    kunkesl Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja. Thanks for the help. That worked, but I'm concerned it will be short lived. The article below indicates that FDS is in the process of being phased out: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880785/what-does-the-gold-key-mean.
  • Quicken Anja
    @kunkesl Yes, it is being phased out, however, we do not have an ETA on when it be will be fully phased out completely. Along with that, keep in mind that QCS is still in the process of being integrated.

Any issues that customers are experiencing with QCS now are not only being reported but also worked on so those issues can and will be resolved before FDS becomes fully unsupported.

Once the switch to QCS becomes fully implemented, the switch should take place automatically, and there should not be any further action required on your end.

-Quicken Anja

• Jan Casper
    Jan Casper Member ✭✭
    It helped somewhat....I do get my downloads in a more timely manner. However, two pieces of functionality are missing. My One Step Update Summary no longer reflects the accounts updated and the accounts no longer have the timestamp of last update.
This discussion has been closed.