Recovering files using Quicken 2009.

vkm
vkm Unconfirmed, Member
I had prepared my accounts using the 2009 version of Quicken. I am now unable to open the files and have misplaced the CD of the program. Need a copy of the 2009 version of Quicken or instructions on how to recover the data.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your version of Q 2009 was the Deluxe Edition, you can download and install a free copy of Q 2013 Deluxe from this link:

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe

Using Q 2013 you should be able to open and process your Q 2009 data files, provided that "unable to open" means something other than "your data files have been damaged beyond repair".
    Do note that Q 2009 stored your data in a set of separate data files with the same name but different file types. You need all of these files, not just your xxx.QDF file!
    When converted to Q 2013, all these individual files will have been combined into one file, xxx.QDF
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    @vkm - Do you have a back-up of your Q 2009 files from just before the last time you opened and saved them?  If you are not able to open your Q 2009 data files because they "have been damaged beyond repair" then perhaps that back up might not be corrupted and you will be able to open it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.