Title/Heading Not Printing on Report (Q Mac)

Options
Jill3
Jill3 Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Reports (Mac)
I'm preparing tax reports for my accountant. In the Quicken App my title/header is showing (name and year of tax report), but when I print the report, the title/header doesn't print. I cannot find a feature that has disabled the header from printing so would appreciate any suggestions to help fix this.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are using "old reports", there is no title at the top; the title appears in the footer. If you are using "new reports", there title is big and bold at the top.

So it sounds like you are using the "old" Category Summary report -- a report which appears in the reports screen under "Other Reports" and has a plain gray icon. I'd encourage you to switch away from that report for other reasons; people have reported that it omits come data at times, so I don't trust it.

Instead, use the "new" reports like Transaction by Category or Category Summary by Year and you'll get a reliable report of your data and the title at the top of the page!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options
    Are you talking specifically about the Tax Report? This is one of the few remaining reports in Quicken that uses the old, original reports engine -- and as such, it does not offer the same range of customizations as are available in the reports using the new reports engine. 

The Tax Schedule report prints the title of the saved report at the bottom, in a footer on each page. There is no way to add a title to the top. The top does contain the parameters or criteria for the report, though, so you and your accountant can be clear on what it includes.
  • Jill3
    Jill3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I wasn't talking about a generated tax report, just a categorized report of tax-related items; a custom report. In years' past when using Quicken, I've printed these same types of reports and the title always prints in bold print at the top. (The title I'm referring to is the custom name that I gave the report. It shows at the top of the report on my computer screen after I save the report.) This year, however, the title does not print. As you mentioned, the footer prints at the bottom (did this in years past as well), but it was helpful to see in large bold print the name and year of the report. I am hoping to find a work-around to be able to still do this.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are using "old reports", there is no title at the top; the title appears in the footer. If you are using "new reports", there title is big and bold at the top.

So it sounds like you are using the "old" Category Summary report -- a report which appears in the reports screen under "Other Reports" and has a plain gray icon. I'd encourage you to switch away from that report for other reasons; people have reported that it omits come data at times, so I don't trust it.

Instead, use the "new" reports like Transaction by Category or Category Summary by Year and you'll get a reliable report of your data and the title at the top of the page!
  • Jill3
    Jill3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh thank you so much for that suggestion! I will try it out. I've been "saving as" and creating new reports based on my old ones... customizing with a new date range. I appreciate your help today! :)
  • Jill3
    Jill3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you jacobs! Your suggestion was just what I was looking for and it worked with the title in bold at the top using the "new reports." :)
This discussion has been closed.