Converted file showing wrong status of transactions

I converted from Windows to Mac. The QDF file seems fine (account balances, etc.) but NONE of the transactions that were reconciled in my Windows version are marked reconciled in my Mac version. The transactions are there just not marked reconciled. Help!

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Did you convert by exporting from Windows and importing into Mac, or did you let Quicken Mac directly open and convert the Windows data file?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I let Quicken convert the file
  • jacobs
    I'm not a Quicken Windows user, so I'm only posting things I've read from others. Did you do the preparatory steps on your Window file which Quicken recommends here?

I don't know how many different accounts you have, but it might be feasible to simply reconcile each account from the beginning of time until your most recent statement. Assuming that all you old transactions were reconciled, you'd only have to figure out which transactions prior to the statement date haven't cleared. Or perhaps go back a month or two and reconcile to a statement from then, assuming that all transactions from the beginning of time to that date have cleared. If all's well, it will just be in balance -- it should be if it's showing the correct account balance.
  • Thanks. Hopefully I won't have to do that :)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another answer from a Windows user and frequent flyer in the Community ...
    Doesn't Quicken Mac also have a register column to show the Cleared/Reconciled status? ISTR reading something about this column not always being made visible in the register ... in the register click the Columns button and check to see if there's such a column and if it's marked enabled.
  • jacobs
    @UKR  Yes, there's a "Clr" column which is either unchecked, blue checkmark (marked as cleared) or green checkmark (reconciled). @Anne L Klonsky reported that none of the transactions are marked reconciled, so it seems she is looking at the Clr column and all the transactions are unchecked. (If the column wasn't visible, how would she know they're not marked reconciled?)
  • You are so right. I stumbled on the answer after poking around and seeing that I need to enable the CLR column, unlike Windows version. Didn't realize the column was "missing." Still learning my way around the differences. Thanks to you both.
This discussion has been closed.