R31.8 - unable to download from Schools First Federal Credit Union

CarlKerc
CarlKerc Member ✭✭
Unable to download my bank transaction from Schools First Federal Credit Union.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. Quicken 2017 is no longer supported, as of 4/30/2020. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Its Windows Deluxe...the latest version R31.9 ....My updates with the bank worked fine until the update. I am on the subscription. I suspect this is an issue with the Quicken update as other people have similar issues with other financial institutions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CarlKerc

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would try to deactivate and reactivate the accounts.

I would first deactivate all of the NFCU accounts. This process may not work if any is left connected.

Next, select the (+) as if you are adding a new account, locate the credit union and sign in, you will be given an option to link the account accounts to the existing accounts.

This will allow you to reactivate all of the accounts at once. Once this has been completed, you do receive transactions or any error messages?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Been there....done that....The problems only started with your latest release....last night I was able to download....This morning the system hangs during the one step update. Seems like this shouldn't be.

I think you folks issued a buggy release...especially in the area of bank download transactions. Hope you get it resolved.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Now I can't even contact my bank to reset the account. Schools first federal credit union. Hanging on contact.
  • Same here since 1/27/2021. SchoolsFirst customer service said their side was down but it took them five days to respond to an email question regarding this. I am still waiting for them to call me back. I have several accounts at SchoolsFirst and some are still updating as usual. The one account that I tried to reset as soon as this started is the problem... can't reset, deactivation and reactivation means manually deleting 90 days of duplicated transactions. Stay tuned...
  • Update: after about 30 minutes on hold with Quicken Support the agent initially asked to share my screen (I refused) just to do a deactivate/reactivate cycle with a validation in-between. Happy to report this *did* work and I only had to deactivate/reactivate the one account that was having problems. In the past this could be painful because of the 90 days of duplicated transactions, so I was dreading this, but to my surprise, the only transactions that came down to be approved were the ones which hadn't downloaded since 1/27. I'm not sure what changed-- possibly SchoolsFirst got their Quicken server back online-- but regardless, I am again downloading and can now get back to my regularly scheduled programming...
This discussion has been closed.