income

Options
Hi, I added income to Quicken and must have done something wrong because it is showing as a "Pay to" verses income credited to the designated account. If someone could just let me know the steps that would be helpful. Thanks have a great day and stay safe!

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds to me like you might have used the wrong column for your entry.  In a checking Account (assumed) you have a Payment column and a Deposit column and typically income would be recorded in the Deposit column with an offset to some sort of "income" Category.
    Or, maybe the problem is that the Category you used is actually set up as an "expense" Category, in which case an income correctly entered in the checking Account's Deposit column would have a "reversed" sign when viewed in a report?
    I guess you could also be confused by the column names used in a checking Account's register, i.e., the use of the term "Payee" that you see when you enter some income when the income is clearly coming from some "Payer?"
    The question is a little vague, so adding some details about what you're seeing would help if I haven't managed to guess the correct answer.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds to me like you might have used the wrong column for your entry.  In a checking Account (assumed) you have a Payment column and a Deposit column and typically income would be recorded in the Deposit column with an offset to some sort of "income" Category.
    Or, maybe the problem is that the Category you used is actually set up as an "expense" Category, in which case an income correctly entered in the checking Account's Deposit column would have a "reversed" sign when viewed in a report?
    I guess you could also be confused by the column names used in a checking Account's register, i.e., the use of the term "Payee" that you see when you enter some income when the income is clearly coming from some "Payer?"
    The question is a little vague, so adding some details about what you're seeing would help if I haven't managed to guess the correct answer.