Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Backup Locations on Network Drives

I have been backing up my data to a network drive for decades. Recently (can't say when) Quicken tells me it can't find the location. If I click [Browse], my network drive(s) do not show up in the list. Hitting F5 doesn't make them appear either.

In order to successfully back up my data, I must:

* Close Quicken.
* Open Windows Explorer and click on the network drive (which shows up in Explorer just fine).
* Re-open Quicken.
* Initiate the backup.

It's like Quicken reads in disk information on startup, and that's it. Never refreshes it so that "sleeping" network drives don't appear. Anyone else experience this? Current version is R31.8 (27.1.31.8).

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your network drive mapped? I recall having an issue on occasion after an update that Quicken could not find the drive. I disconnected the drive and remapped. I've not had the issue in quite some time.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been seeing drives get unexpectedly unmapped recently - as in the last few weeks - in Windows 10. It's as if there is now a timeout. I find I have to re-map the drives from time to time. It's annoying but I wrote a small command script which fixes it (until the next time). In my case, it does not appear Quicken-related.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • RLSJR
    RLSJR Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > Is your network drive mapped? I recall having an issue on occasion after an update that Quicken could not find the drive. I disconnected the drive and remapped. I've not had the issue in quite some time.

Yes, they're mapped to drive letters.
  • RLSJR
    RLSJR Member ✭✭
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > I have been seeing drives get unexpectedly unmapped recently - as in the last few weeks - in Windows 10. It's as if there is now a timeout. I find I have to re-map the drives from time to time. It's annoying but I wrote a small command script which fixes it (until the next time). In my case, it does not appear Quicken-related.

The drives are staying mapped. Even with Quicken open and the file selection dialog on the screen, if I open Windows Explorer I immediately see the drives listed.