Split category error in Wells Fargo Mortgage

Options
Tom Auer
Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
I refinanced my mortgage last year (good timing, I think!), but my new mortgage shows the interest under the category of Loans: Loan Interest, rather than Housing: Mortgage Interest. I can change it each month when the transaction posts, but I cannot edit the category in the scheduled transaction. This is an unfortunate misfeature, as mortgage interest is definitely not the same as interest on any other loan.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Tom Auer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend navigating to the loan account and choose "Edit Loan and Payment Terms."

Then under the Loan Payment section, edit the interest category to reflect the category that you would like to use.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Tom Auer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend navigating to the loan account and choose "Edit Loan and Payment Terms."

Then under the Loan Payment section, edit the interest category to reflect the category that you would like to use.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, how do you like that! Quicken does seem increasingly to have surprising functionality, sometimes in non-obvious places. I would suggest considering change the default split, however.
This discussion has been closed.