Why did the USAA bank name change to zzz-USAA after last update and now I can't connect?

I can't connect to USAA and there is no error code. The bank name on Quicken changed to zzz-USAA after the last update. I removed acct from online update and tried to set it up again but I can't connect to re-add my accounts.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Corey J
    Corey J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    MINE IS FIXED!
    I deactivated online services for all 8 of my USAA accounts in the "Account Details". This must be done one at a time. I restarted Quicken. I set up Online Services again but this time I clicked on the get a special ID and PIN from USAA for use only in quicken option. It took me to my USAA login, I logged in, entered my code from my text message, and then the USAA website page gave me a special ID/PIN for Quicken use only. I've never done it this way before. I used that in quicken and now all my accounts updated. There were some balancing issues as I've been dealing with this for a week and have partial downloads of the activity. Now all my online balances match my balance. I was ready to quit Quicken. I hope that helps.

Answers

• Pritchd
    Pritchd Member
    ' I'm seeing the same error
  • JerHalf
    JerHalf Member ✭✭
    https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-bank-direct-connect-customers-ol-220-or-http-405-error

Did you do the above?
  • James104
    James104 Member ✭✭✭
    The zzz showed up my USAA credit card account today, but I think Quicken is still connecting and downloading. I use two factor ID with USAA and Q still asks me to pick a cell phone, texts me a code and completes normally. There aren't currently any transactions to prove it really works.
  • Corey J
    Corey J Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    MINE IS FIXED!
    I deactivated online services for all 8 of my USAA accounts in the "Account Details". This must be done one at a time. I restarted Quicken. I set up Online Services again but this time I clicked on the get a special ID and PIN from USAA for use only in quicken option. It took me to my USAA login, I logged in, entered my code from my text message, and then the USAA website page gave me a special ID/PIN for Quicken use only. I've never done it this way before. I used that in quicken and now all my accounts updated. There were some balancing issues as I've been dealing with this for a week and have partial downloads of the activity. Now all my online balances match my balance. I was ready to quit Quicken. I hope that helps.
  • Pdesski
    Pdesski Member ✭✭
    I followed the instructions from Quicken and when I reactivated my accounts, I selected "Get Access ID and PIN". That took me to USAA website, logged in, and gave Quicken permission to access my accounts. USAA gave me a new access id and pin to use when I download. It's different from your website log in ID and PW and you have to use it every time. I saved them to my PW vault and USAA gave me option to print out as a backup.
  • grossrm
    grossrm Member ✭✭
    I started getting the ZZZ-USAA bit a few weeks ago. I'm curious about what it going on, but I've never had a problem with a download. Other than the oddity, it hasn't been a problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @grossrm

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps help to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Larry63
    Larry63 Member
    I've tried the steps shown in the article, but without success. I have a Quicken for Windows subscription, and 3 accounts with USAA. Deleting the Financial Institution name from that field in the Account Details window (as the directions there say to do) has no effect. When I click "OK" to close that window (which I have to do, in order to go delete it on this same tab for my other 2 USAA accounts), the "USAA Federal Savings Bank" name is still visible in the "Financial Institution" column of the Accounts list window. It's also still there in the Financial Institution field of the Account Details window when I come back and re-open the window for that account, after trying to delete it on the other 2 accounts. Clearly something either is not working correctly, or else something important was omitted from those directions. I'm going to need some additional help apparently. Should I try to contact support? I'm brand new to the community, but have used Quicken many years fyi.
    Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.