Downloads from BAC does not have correct payee

Downloads from BAC do not have the correct payee name, some are ok. I have check online bank records and the correct payee name is displayed.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rmartel

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

You may also find the information on renaming rules of interest. The article is available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you encounter any issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @rmartel

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we're able to change the memorized payee to fix the issue. One thing we can see is by adding the downloaded payee column how they differ as well. You can do this by clicking on the selected account and in the top right of the register you'll see a small gear. The gear will then give you a list and towards the bottom you should see downloaded Payee. 

If they are different I would recommend trying to go to the memorized payee list and fixing the payees if they are different. You can do so by going across the top to tools > memorized payee list. 

Once you've tried this see if your next download is having the same issue. If it is we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rmartel
    rmartel Member ✭✭
    Francisco, thank you for your reply.

1. You mention changing the memorized payee. Which payee the one that the Bank erroneously sends with the download, or the payee that it should be?
    2. Adding the downloaded payee column, I couldn’t see that in the download from the bank. I can see the payee name that was downloaded
    3. Quicken does match to the correct payee in the register.
    4. Fixing the payee in Memorized Payee list, what to do to fix it?

Thanks Dick
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @rmartel

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

You may also find the information on renaming rules of interest. The article is available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you encounter any issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rmartel
    rmartel Member ✭✭
    The only way I could eliminate problem was to delete old renaming rules no longer needed. To this date I haven't had any recurring problems, keeping my fingers crossed. It appears that when the numbers of renaming rules get so big problems occur. Thank you for your help
This discussion has been closed.