Duplicate charges in credit card info

Options
Hello, this is my first question on the Quicken Forum. When charges are first posted to all credit cards, they appear as "pending." When they go through the clearing process, then they appear on the bank website and/or paper bill as final charges. For quite a few charges this past month, Quicken has posted double charges. (I assume they included both the pending charge and the posted charge). I went to the bank website (Bank of America), and only one charge appears for each of those vendors on the card's activity for this month. (The bill has not yet issued, so I couldn't check that.) Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thank you.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @SiestaBlue  Welcome to the forum! I Can't help directly with your specific problem, but I can tell you generally that this turns out to be a problem with the credit card providers. The reason is that Quicken simply downloads whatever the financial institution is providing. Many credit card companies don't download pending transactions; they wait until they post. Some download pending transactions, but with an expiration date after which they should disappear. It's possible the credit card companies you're accessing are including something improper in their downloads.

It might be helpful in diagnosing what's going on to share which credit card accounts you're seeing this problem with. Also, what connection method in Quicken are you using? Web Connect (e.g. downloading a QFX File and then importing it into Quicken), Quicken Connect, or Direct Connect?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @SiestaBlue  Welcome to the forum! I Can't help directly with your specific problem, but I can tell you generally that this turns out to be a problem with the credit card providers. The reason is that Quicken simply downloads whatever the financial institution is providing. Many credit card companies don't download pending transactions; they wait until they post. Some download pending transactions, but with an expiration date after which they should disappear. It's possible the credit card companies you're accessing are including something improper in their downloads.

It might be helpful in diagnosing what's going on to share which credit card accounts you're seeing this problem with. Also, what connection method in Quicken are you using? Web Connect (e.g. downloading a QFX File and then importing it into Quicken), Quicken Connect, or Direct Connect?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.