Creating data entries (new Accounts) via Quicken On The Web

OneOfOne
OneOfOne Member ✭✭
So here's the situation, this is my first time using Quicken, I don't really use windows, I subscribed and I went to https://app.quicken.com/.

I added all my accounts, tried to add my stock broker accounts but it said I have to use the desktop app, I fired a VM and installed Quicken and logged in but all my accounts weren't there.

I tried to talk to support on chat and on the phone and both times they didn't even understand what was happening.

I really don't wanna spend another hour adding all my accounts...

So my question is:
1. Apparently it's not possible to create a profile from the web app, but somehow I did it, is there any way to export that profile?
2. If not, is there any way to sync that profile with a local profile? even if it requires modifying the local file by hand.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    You really need to do everything in the Quicken desktop software,
    which in turn will Sync to the Quicken Cloud -
    and make certain selected accounts and other information avail
    to both the Quicken Mobile App and the Quicken "on the web" user website.
    Everything is tied to your Quicken ID -
    which you use to log into the Quicken website
    and can see your Quicken registration, download software, etc.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    You really need to do everything in the Quicken desktop software,
    which in turn will Sync to the Quicken Cloud -
    and make certain selected accounts and other information avail
    to both the Quicken Mobile App and the Quicken "on the web" user website.
    Everything is tied to your Quicken ID -
    which you use to log into the Quicken website
    and can see your Quicken registration, download software, etc.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• OneOfOne
    OneOfOne Member ✭✭
    Then why was the web app able to create a profile and let me add all my accounts?

This is just horrible design, "yeah we will let you create a profile but you can't export it or use it from anywhere else, you can't even delete it"
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Q is primarily a desktop product (Mac or Win) with a partially featured Mobile adjunct and a partially featured Web adjunct.
    If you were expecting, and require, a fully featured Mobile product ... I suggest that you return Q for a refund and look elsewhere for a product that meets your needs.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    OneOfOne said:
    Then why was the web app able to create a profile and let me add all my accounts?
    Just looking at my Quicken on the Web -
    You can click on the very bottom PROFILE - which will display your Quicken ID information, but don't see anything about creating a Profile....
    The ACCOUNTS are those accounts that were created in your Quicken desktop software and are merely shadows of their current real time holdings -
    again, I don't see anywhere you can create an Account...
    However - for transactions entered, you can create new TAGS and CATEGORIES.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not only do I not see any way to create the profile it is a mystery to me how you added accounts.  There isn't anything I can see in that interface to create accounts.  That is suppose to be a Desktop only function.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • OneOfOne
    OneOfOne Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Not only do I not see any way to create the profile it is a mystery to me how you added accounts.  There isn't anything I can see in that interface to create accounts.  That is suppose to be a Desktop only function.

I really don't know what to say, I literally subscriped, opened the web app and added my accounts, I didn't do anything special.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OneOfOne said:
     I literally subscribed, opened the web app and added my accounts, I didn't do anything special.
    Can you post a screenshot of your web app screen (with personal information hidden)?
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    OneOfOne said:  I really don't know what to say, I literally subscriped, opened the web app and added my accounts, I didn't do anything special.
    Since we can't see your screen and related actions....
    1 - When you say you subscribed - do you mean on Quicken.com -
    did you purchase the Quicken software... or ???
    2 - Did you download and install the Quicken software ?
    3 - Have you EVER previously used the Quicken software,
    and previously used your email address as a Quicken ID ?
    4 - When on the "Quicken web app" - did the screen look like the one I posted above ?
    5 - Lastly, as we are all wondering,
    what menu path or entries did you follow to "create your accounts" ?  
    6 - Did this "process" prompt you for your bank user ID and password ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Eagle
    Eagle Member ✭✭
    Our accounts were created in Quicken desktop, but we are trying to set this up so my wife can work on transactions in her personal account in the web version and have them sync to the desktop version. This is not happening as far as we can tell - when we sync, the desktop version overwrites the web version. If it's supposed to be read-only on the web, why do they give you extensive editing abilities on the web?
    Thanks for listening ...
    Bob
    Win10 Home
    Quicken 2020 Subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Eagle said:
    Our accounts were created in Quicken desktop, but we are trying to set this up so my wife can work on transactions in her personal account in the web version and have them sync to the desktop version. This is not happening as far as we can tell - when we sync, the desktop version overwrites the web version. If it's supposed to be read-only on the web, why do they give you extensive editing abilities on the web?
    You were talking about something different than what’s in this thread I suggest you start your own thread.
    Signature:
  • Waomano
    Waomano Member
    Hello, was this ever resolved? I am having the exact problem, I purchase the deluxe version I was prompted to watch a video and then i started adding all my accounts on the website, now i tried logging in on the desktop version, and it looks i would have to add all my accounts all over again, it looks like is in a completely different dataset. this is quite frustrating
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Waomano said: ... and then i started adding all my accounts on the website... 
    Using the Quicken on the Web website -->> https://app.quicken.com/login
    I see no place to "Add Accounts" -
    Please clarify....
    what URL website are you accessing,
    and what menu paths are you using to add these accounts ?
    Unless you mean CATEGORIES and TAGS -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Chris_QPW said:
    OneOfOne said:
     I literally subscribed, opened the web app and added my accounts, I didn't do anything special.
    Can you post a screenshot of your web app screen (with personal information hidden)?
    I wonder if this only happens when a user creates a NEW Quicken ID -
    does not install the software as yet -
    goes to the Quicken on the Web website -
    and is somehow presented with a special situation screen to "create accounts" since there is nothing to reference from the non-existing desktop software Sync.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• OneOfOne
    OneOfOne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Nope, I switched to [removed].

Quicken needs to invest into hiring better devs.
This discussion has been closed.