Prudential Retirement

My company recently switch to Prudential Retirement for our retirement accounts. I successfully created an account in Quicken for windows. But no transactions would download. Error message OL-340-A (The financial Institution does not recognize the account investment) keeps returning. I spoke with Quicken representative and he could not determine the problem. It is Quicken Direct. He believes it is a Prudential server problem. Any advice?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello  @acs2

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for letting us know what connection method you're using. Generally with direct connect errors it is something that we'd need to contact the FI for but I'm wondering here if it may just need some time to be added into Quicken as that's not a normal error code. I would attempt to give it 24-48 hours first to see if that might be the case. 

Once you get a chance let us know if you're able to connect. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Try this for your setup:

[Removed-Unofficial Link]

• Scott P
    Scott P Member
    I have the same problem. I am running Windows version R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12. I keep getting the same OL-340-A message. Any help?
  • acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭
    I waited over a week and I received the same error message . I also tried the link provided by jfclague but I could not get past the first instruction

1.Select your account and choose Account > Set Up Online Access.
    2.Select “Prudential Retirement” in the bank list and select Direct Download as the connection method.
    3.Hold the “Option” key on your keyboard while you click “Next.”

Where is the command set up online access? Is it add an account? I tried that but did not find Direct Download anywhere. Are the instructions for an older version?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @acs2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • cmrome06
    cmrome06 Member ✭✭
    Hello, I am having the same problem as acs2.
    I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020 R31.20.

When I set up the account for online access, it seems to login but doesn't list any accounts to choose. I am a government employee with 401(a) and 457(b) retirement accounts at Prudential. After setting up the account and running One Step Update I get the OL-340-A error. Are there setup instructions for Prudential? All the links for Quicken setup on the Prudential website are broken.

I have tried the account number as ######X######X#### plannumberXsubplannumberXlast4ofSSN already.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cmrome06

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are having trouble connecting to prudential.

I would recommend contacting Prudential directly for assistance. Quicken does not have access to the banking servers to be able to correct this issue.

You may need to request a supervisor or an escalation to resolve this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.