R31.12 Sync problems corrupt data file

oltmanjr
oltmanjr Member ✭✭
Just got the update and NOTHING works [removed - sarcastic/violation of community guidelines]

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @oltmanjr

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Could you go into further details about what exactly is happening. Whether you're having download issues or if you're having issues within the program. Also if you are receiving any error codes as well that will help with us. Once you get a chance let us know more information and we can take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• oltmanjr
    oltmanjr Member ✭✭
    No error messages. After the update I’m getting old cloud transactions from months ago. When I do a restore quicken will auto update from the cloud and change the transactions back to something from the cloud I want to delete the cloud but it won’t let me or just reverts back to a corrupt cloud account?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't done so already, reboot Windows.
    Restore your data file from an uncorrupted backup.
    Do NOT Sync to the cloud.
    Turn off Sync until further notice and keep it off.

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    2. Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    2. Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

This discussion has been closed.