Report a Problem submission is never acknowledged

Options
kevinp
kevinp Member ✭✭
I have used the Report a problem feature several times to report transaction download problems.

The Report is apparently successfully submitted according to Quicken.

However:
I never receive any kind of email or other acknowledgment.
I have never received any kind of followup to my problem reports. Sometimes, the transaction download has started working again after some time.

For all I know, these problem reports are going into a black hold where no one ever looks at them.

Could we please have:
a) An email when the report is received.
b) An email when the problem is resolved.

Thanks!

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I think the Report a Problem screen explains that your submission isn't initiating help request, and for that you need to call Quicken Support. The option exists because  sometimes while troubleshooting, the Quicken tech might ask you to use the Report a Problem to gather details.

If you have a support issue, maybe call/chat for resolution: quicken.com/support

But it seems most download problems get resolved in 2-3 days. I guess someone has to be the first to report it, but a couple hundred extra calls doesn't provide any more information.

wags Glad to be here!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @kevinp  "Report a Problem" submissions are never acknowledged or responded to (except in rare cases where they want additional information). It's a one-way flow of information from users to Quicken.

As @Studpup notes above, if you are having a problem you want help with, you need to contact Quicken Support. By contrast, "Report a Problem" is a channel to send potential bugs to be evaluated and, if verified, placed in the queue for a future fix.

They apparently get a lot of submissions, and do not have the staff to have follow-up communications on each one. (A reply from Quicken to a user would often result in further communication from the user, and so this would end up being a form of email customer support. They don't have email support because many issues require lots of back-and-forth and are better suited to chat or phone support sessions with users.)

I'm a Mac user, so I don't know what the text is in the Quicken Windows version of "Report a Problem"; in the Quicken Mac version, the first line of text says "We will not respond to these reports directly."

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Same text, but instead of "Report a Problem" it should probably be called "Gather Requested Details".

wags Glad to be here!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Studpup said:
    Same text, but instead of "Report a Problem" it should probably be called "Gather Requested Details".
    Well, it is a way to report a problem for people at Quicken to evaluate. If they can reproduce the problem reported, and confirm that it is not working as designed, then they document it in Quicken's internal bug database for the development teams to tackle at some point.

The more details a user provides, the more likely it is to be actionable. If someone posts a problem like "I can't get my accounts to download", that's not going to get any attention. If someone posts that they have a problem downloading from XYZ financial, that they have tried it in a new file as a test and it still doesn't work, that should get attention. Or if a user provides clear "here's how to reproduce this issue" details, it should get attention. (And even with a perfect report that the Quicken representative can reproduce and document as a bug, that doesn't grantee a speedy resolution. As with many software companies, some bugs are easily fixed and/or important enough to fix in the next release of the software, while issues deemed less critical may take awhile until being resolved.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.